Thursday, February 24, 2011

Potential

When you live with me, there's always a chance that you will come home from work / school and find something like this sitting in the garage.

Let's just say I like to browse in thrift stores. And, I like to imagine what things could become. And I have a hard time passing up a good deal. Monday, the Salvation Army was having a 50% off furniture sale and this old kitchen cabinet found it's way home with me. I think it's pretty cool and will make a nice craft organizer. I'm currently using an old 90's oak desk (somewhat pictured in the background) that I dislike immensely. I have lots of leftover paint in colors I like, so I just need to get to work, buy a few new knobs and pulls and wait for the magic to happen.

I will post pictures when it does.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you show an after photo. Fixing up old pieces and making them new again is very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! LOVE thrifting! I love the chair a few posts below as well...
    found you while blogsurfing....

    ReplyDelete